We humans have needs. Sometimes we like to think we don’t, but clearly we do. Life coach, Tony Robbins outlines six of them. His system, though, ignores our highest spiritual needs, so I have outlined seven — one of each energy center (chakra) in your body. When you fulfill all of your seven basic needs, your life feels balanced and complete. From this place of equilibrium, you can really soar.
I’ve created a 7-part vlog series on the basic needs of your chakras, so you can create a strong foundation for your true unfolding. Take a moment to really know these. They are the base of your authentic empowerment. In case you’re just now beginning this series, here are the first three installments:
Today’s video is on the need of your heart chakra, love and connection. Since the heart chakra is your center chakra, it represents your truest essence and also, your biggest need. Studies have shown that babies need loving touch to thrive, but that’s no mystery, right? We can all feel the value of love. Our being seems to need it in a primal, essential way, like food and water.
Here are 7 really good ways you can fulfill the need of your heart chakra:
1) Give and receive hugs. My prescribed dosage is at least 10 a day. Hugging is awesome. It causes us to release the oxytocin which creates a natural kind of “high.” Make hugging a habit. It’s good for you, and for those you hug, which means it’s win-win.
2) Touch your heart space and recall a loving memory. When you recall it, you reconstruct it and bring that energy back into the present moment. Our bodies react to our imagination and memories as if they are real, so just remember love and connection can create a genuine sensation of it. You can think of a time you were loved, or a time when you loved another with all your heart. Thinking of a pet is really good because they love us so purely and unconditionally. If you want, you can imagine you have a volume dial, and actually “turn up” the feeling, making the memory more vivid and all-encompassing.
3) Do Ho-Oponopono Meditation. This form of Hawaiian meditation is a real heart chakra tonic. It has a way of clearing out any gunk that is stopping you from connecting to yourself and others, and it’s very simple. It consists of repeating these four powerful phrases:
Please forgive me.
I love you.
4) Keep a gratitude journal. Gratitude opens the heart. Start each day by writing down 10 things you’re grateful for and you’ll begin each day with more love. Gratitude also improves your romantic relationship. Also, try doing thispowerful gratitude practice.
5) Look everyone in the eyes. There’s a reason they say the eyes are the window to the soul. When you look lovingly into someone’s eyes, they feel genuinely seen. Make an intention to look into everyone’s eyes and see them more fully. You’ll feel a greater sense of connection.
6) Prioritize time with your loved ones. Often we say we’re too busy to spend time with the people we love most. Don’t fall into that trap. Life is short. And love is the greatest gift we get here. Make time for your loved ones. You benefit and so do they.
7) Wear my Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo for the heart. If you don’t know about my tattoos or why they work, you may want to read this article about how and why I created them. One tip: wear the heart tattoo in front when you want to express more love and wear it in the back when you’re experiencing any grief and need some fourth chakra healing.
Of course, this list is in no way exhaustive, so feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments below.
Now, go out and create a week filled with love and connection!
Vicki Howie is the Host of the free weekly Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series (CLASS) and the Creator ofChakra Boosters Healing Tattoos. Read about her journey to healing and how she created her tattoos here. or check out some of her popular youtube videos like this ho’oponopono meditation or this music video of her root chakra healing song “Muladhara.” Get your free Chakra Life Cycle Reading at her website homepage (only works if your computer allows pop ups) or grab acomplimentary copy of her heart chakra healing song here.
by Vicki Howie
Source: Conscious Life News